Answered By: Melissa Atkinson Last Updated: May 15, 2017 Views: 8
If you are having trouble opening PDFs automatically in EBSCO (OneSearch), make sure you have the requirements listed on the following page: https://help.ebsco.com/interfaces/EBSCOhost/EBSCOhost_FAQs/Reading_EBSCOhost_PDFs_Adobe_Reader
These instructions include those who are having trouble opening PDFs using a Mac as well.
You can follow these steps if you are having trouble in Chrome:
- Type chrome://plugins/ into the location bar within Chrome.
- Scroll down to the "Chrome PDF Viewer" section and click "Disable."
- Scroll up to the "Adobe Reader" section and click "Enable."
You can follow these instructions if you are having trouble in Firefox:
- Click the menu button and choose .
- Select the panel.
- Find Portable Document Format (PDF) in the list and click on the entry to select it.
- Click on the drop-down arrow in the Action column for the above entry. The Action entry will show Preview in Firefox when you're using the built-in PDF Viewer.
- To use an external application to view PDF files, select the entry for the PDF application you wish to use, such as Use Preview or Use Adobe Reader.